Friday, October 16, 2009

So I'd like to take a break from the local tv issue, to talk about another issue I have with tv in general. Ever turn on one of your favorite shows, or a movie, and just after the commercial you here "The following program contains violence, coarse language, and sexuality. Viewer discretion is advised"? Of course you have. The part I love though is the "Viewer discretion is advised". Viewer discretion comes into play as soon as you turn on the tv. Hell, just opening your eyes is the beginning of viewer discretion. So why do we need the broadcaster to inform us that viewer discretion is advised? Some may argue that it allows parents to know whether or not a certain program is acceptable for their child to watch. I disagree. If you are really concerned about your childs tv habits, then sit down and watch the show yourself, and use your own judgement. Does these notifications make a difference to me? Not in the least, but I just find it's pointless. Let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment